Saturday, June 26, 2010

New York- June 2010

So, Neal completed his first 3 months of school and had a week off. I had all these fun things planned to do in/around Pittsburgh and was so excited, but then, my Grandma called (who is serving a mission with my Grandpa in New York) just to say hi and chat. I told her we were just enjoying our time with Neal on his week off and finding things to do when she told us we should come visit her. Well, I gave her the few reasons why we really wouldn't be able to (one of which is that our car is currently sitting with a broken transmission) After I got off the phone I told Neal how awesome it would be to just go to NEW YORK! So after thinking and wishing we started planning. I talked to my Grandma at noon on Monday and after getting my mother in laws car, getting work straightened out and a few other things, we were on the road to NEW YORK at 1:00 in the morning on Tuesday (Neal prefers to drive at night when the girls are sleeping). So we got to spend Tuesday to Friday in NEW YORK. Below are some pictures of what we got to do.































We got to take the girls to one of the beaches on Long Island. It was the first time they had ever been to a beach so it was a lot of fun.






































On Thursday we did all of our site seeing in Manhattan. The girls were able to stay with a lady in my Grandparents' ward so we did a lot. We first went and did a virtual tour on the Empire State Building and then took a lot of pictures of the view. There are some of different buildings, Central Park, and ground zero where the twin towers once stood. On our way to and from Manhattan we took the Statton Island Ferry which went right past the Statue of Liberty. It was amazing to see it in person. I also had the first cab ride experience in my life. The driving in New York is CRAZY and scary.










We just had so much fun with GG Lees! They let us stay at their house and they helped us get around to where we wanted to go.
























On our way home, around 11:00 at night we stopped by the famous Pats and Genos Philly Cheesesteak stands and got one at each. We liked Genos better.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

How fun!! I am sooo jealous! I have always wanted to go to New York! looks like you guys had a blast! and the girls are growing so fast! I miss ya!