Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A little about Pitts. from Makensy Lefler!

PITTSBURGH!!! So we live in Bethel Park which is about 10 miles away from the root of Pitts. . The house that is pictured is ours, and is also the typical house you will see on all of the crazy streets here. You look at these old houses from the front and they are all tiny, old, cottage looking houses. Nowadays people are adding on to the backs of the house like ours is. (When I say our house, I really mean Neals parents, which is who we are living with). Once people add on to their homes they are really good sized homes, but I have no idea how people managed before now.
Some of the things that I dislike about Pitts.
#1- Three way stop sign. Now you usually have a 4-way stop at intersections instead of a light, here they not only have 4-way stops but 3-way stops. They are pointless, ridiculous, and time consuming.
#2- The driving/honking. People are very impatient here. They all drive so fast but yet it takes FOREVER to get anywhere. It took me awhile before I could get in the car and drive. I haven't drivin anywhere with anyone else in the car either.
#3- Stops every 300 meters. This is why it takes so long to get anywhere.

Some of the things I like about Pitts.
#1- The ward! We have only been here a week but have done so much with people in our ward. They are so welcoming and so caring. There are no labels or standards to set yourself up to. I am loving it.
#2- All the land. Mostly every house has quite a bit of land which makes playing outside in the yard so much fun.














2 comments:

Mandi said...

Thanks for the update!! It's great to see all the cute pics!! I am glad you guys are having fun and that you like it there! I miss having you around. Talk to ya soon! :)

Chelsea and Ford Stewart said...

Wow, I didn't even know you moved. I'm glad to see that you are doing so well though. Thanks for always being so great to me, now and back in the day:)