Friday, March 11, 2011

I did it!

So I was watching a show about couponers doing there thing and really saving. Some people do it too excessively in my opinion, but hey, it is a way of providing for their family, so who am I to say anything. I know a little bit about how it works but get pretty confused when it comes to actually going to the store. But today I found some good deals through the blogs that I have on my own blog and came out pretty good.
Because I am very new to this I would be so grateful to anyone that gave me some advice via commenting. I don't plan on going wild, but if theres a great or free deal, Im al over it.






I JUST USED COUPONS!
Here is what I got:
2 -31 count huggies diapers
1- Soft Scrub bathroom cleaner
4- boxes of Pedia care children's medicine
2- boxes lucky charms
2- boxes original cheerios
2- boxes honey nut cheerios
2- boxes reeses puffs

Total before savings = $73.33
Total after savings=$25.63
(plus I got another coupon for pedicare and a $3 register reward for Giant Eagle)
So technically I only spent $22.63

Here are a few important things I learned today-
1- Walgreens was a little tricky for me today. I went in with a four manufacturer coupons, the kind you get in the mail or print out online, and one in-store coupon for the same item. I grabbed four boxes of Pedia Care medicine that were on sale for $6.99. The in-store coupon was a $5 off each box and then the four $2 coupons I had should have made all four of them free. However when i checked out the cashier said a had a balance of $1.98. After questioning this she said that because the last coupon ($2) she was trying to scan was exceeding the balance ($1.98) I had left, it would not take the coupon. After asking if that was all I could do I paid the $1.98 for four boxes of medicine (which is awesome) but called a friend who told me this. You have to give the cashier the manufacturers coupon first and then the walgreens in-store coupon. I haven't tried it yet, but I am hoping it works. If you are reading this and have a solution to the problem please let me know.
2- When I went to Giant Eagle, my local grocery store, I went in with the intent of getting all me coupons doubled, since the store doubles coupons up to $.99. To me I thought this meant if I had a coupon for $1.25 they would double it with $.99. NOPE. They will only double coupons that are labeled for $.99 or less. LAME_O! What can ya do. So I was hoping to get a smoking hot deal with everything I got today, but ended up doing pretty good.

1 comment:

Chelsea and Ford Stewart said...

wow that is awesome! I love coupons, but don't really know how to use them that well. I need to learn!