Monday, September 13, 2010

Mia's Baptism Cake


I was asked by a friend in our ward to make a cake for her daughters baptism celebration. I was told to do whatever I thought would look good-but that Mia (the one getting baptised) was very girly. I tried several new things with this cake. I made the cakes a few days in advance and then froze them- this saved me so much time on the day I put it all together. I got some advice from someone that really helped the cake firm up and be a lot more dense. And we bought a little hand steamer to make the final shiny look.
I really have to thank Neal-my Hubby- for all of his help. He honestly did the bow that is on top of the cake, also helped me with a lot of the white balls on each tier and did so much more. He is amazing-I love you!
This cake has 3 actual cake layers-one chocolate, yellow and confetti. The bottom tier is actually an upside down cake pan that I frosted and covered with fondant. I ended up using 5 cake boxes, so this cake was definatly a big job.

2 comments:

Raquel Gabay said...

Waoo I love it, with my cousin the other day I was trying to do one, ours was like two floors, it was pretty cool, but yours its super cool.

I invite you to see my blog
http://raquelgabay.blogspot.com/

TAYBEL said...

Wow! That looks amazing! Your cakes get better and better every time I see them.